If you’re ready to pass the Thanksgiving torch this year to one of Tucson’s talented chefs, here’s a roundup of local restaurants offering special dinners for the holiday.
Executive Chef Jared Scott of Maynards Kitchen is offering more than just turkey for this Thanksgiving. Read: Prime Rib. All of the Thanksgiving specials will be served family-style from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. $45+ per person.
- Herb Crusted Turkey and Prime Rib
- Classic Mashed Potatoes – Gravy, sage stuffing, and saute of haricot vert with a shallot and blue cheese dressing
- Sleeping Frog Farms Braising Greens – roasted onion and pepitas
- Hunter’s Salad – Baby kale, Belgium endive, bacon, pecans, Grana Padano, and fall vegetables
- Grand Marnier Cranberry Sauce
- Classic Pumpkin Pie and Carrot Cake
Make your reservations by calling 520-545-0577 or visiting their website www.maynardstucson.com.
If you’re looking for local this Thanksgiving, Agustin Kitchen’s Chef Clark has you covered. The meal will feature turkeys raised for Agustin Kitchen at locally owned Top Knot Farms. Seating times are from 11am – 5pm. Cost per person is $45+, $22+ for children under 13.
- Starter – Warm Sweet Rolls and Butter
- Salads – Fall Harvest Salad with organic mixed greens, fall-spiced goat cheese, roasted pumpkin and seeds, confit apple-shallot vinaigrette, Grilled Broccoli Salad with dried cranberries, bacon, pecans, sweet Dijon dressing, Classic Waldorf Salad with chicken, apple, celery, grapes, golden raisins, aioli
- Entree – AK Turkey Dinner includes a whole roasted turkey, cranberry sauce and giblet gravy (turkeys raised by top knot farms, all natural & free range), Natural Ham Steak with pineapple and brown butter sage
- Sides – Green Bean Casserole with crispy fried onions, Glazed Heirloom Carrots and Brussels with lemon + herbs, Turkey Broth Stuffing – all-natural, fresh sage, Golden Mashed Potatoes, Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Dessert – AK Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream, Salted Banana Pudding, AK Pecan Pie with whipped cream
Call (520) 398-5382 to make a reservation or visit online at www.agustinkitchen.com.
The Cup Cafe with have a special Thanksgiving menu in addition to their regular menu from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Features will be available at 9 a.m. and Tea Time is taking place between 3:30 and 4 p.m. Priced per item.
- Slow Roasted Turkey with Confit Leg – house-made cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sage dressing, giblet gravy, green-bean casserole
- Shepard’s Pie – Lamb stew, roasted root vegetables, corn, mashed potatoes, baked in cast iron topped with crispy smoked onions
- Smoked Whitefish Benedict – Toasted English muffis, house-smoked sea bass, poached eggs, Bearnaise sauce, with hotel potatoes and fruit
- A slice of Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Pie, or Pecan Pie
Reservations are recommended, make one by calling (520) 798-1618 or visiting www.hotelcongress.com
Acacia is taking the organic approach with their 4 course Thanksgiving dinner. The many-optioned menu will be available from noon to 6pm. $45+ per person, $14.95+ for children 9 and under.
- Appetizer – An assortment of pate, artisan cured meats, cheese, olives, nuts and relishes
- Soup/Salad – Butternut Squash Bisque or Salad of Organic Field Greens with English cucumber, roasted corn, vine ripened tomatoes, carrots, black olives and toasted pepitas tossed with fresh herb vinaigrette
- Entree – Herb roasted Tom Turkey with giblet pan gravy and cranberry relish, Slow Roasted Standing Beef Rib with horseradish cream, Alder Planked Fresh Organic Salmon with maple-lemon glaze, Butterflied Leg of Young Lamb with minted bordelaise, or Spiral Cut Pit Smoked Virginia Ham (all entrees are served with steamed green beans, ginger-honey glazed carrots, yellow squash, whipped Yukon gold potatoes, candied sweet potatoes and chestnut-sage dressing)
- Dessert – Pumpkin Pie with vanilla chantilly cream, Warm Gingerbread with chantilly cream, or Apple Cinnamon Crisp
Call (520) 232-0101 to make a reservation. Visit Acacia online at www.acaciatucson.com
Pastiche isn’t just offering you a few choices this Thanksgiving. They’re going all out with over thirty menu options, including holiday specials alongside popular items from their traditional menu. Priced per item.
A few highlights:
- Smoked Heirloom Tomato & Golden Beet Caprese – Fresh produce from local farms in southern arizona, served with house made mozzarella, balsamic reduction, pesto oil, and fried polenta
- Walnut Thyme Crusted Pork Chop – Bone-in with chipotle cherry chutney, rice pilaf, and chef’s vegetables
- Certified Angus Beef Brand Prime Rib – Horseradish herb crusted prime rib, au jus, mashed root vegetables, chef’s vegetables
- 5 Cheese and Vegetable Lasagna a la Vodka – Squash pasta, mushroom vodka sauce, grilled vegetables, topped with arugula and kale pesto, and balsamic reduction
- Certified Angus Beef “Steak Frites” – Seared bistro tender, fresh field greens, blue cheese crumbles, roma tomatoes, mustard vinaigrette, julienned pommes frites
- Triple Berry Crisp – With a brown sugar and streusel topping
See the full menu here. Call (520) 325-3333 to make a reservation.
Westin La Paloma
Executive Chef Russell Michel has created two options for your Thanksgiving feast. Go big in the Grand Ballroom with a carving station and complimentary valet, or enjoy the views at AZul with a traditional three-course meal. The Grand Ballroom is $46.95 per person, $19.95 for children ages six to twelve. AZuL’s menu is $37.17 per person, a la carte menu for children.
- Starters – Salads, Artisanal Bread, a selection of Cheeses and Fruit
- Entree – A carving station including Sage Brushed Turkey, Maple Glazed Ham, Pesto Crusted Prime Rib and Pan Roasted Salmon
- Sides – Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes with roasted garlic and asiago, Candied Yams with marshmallows & raisins, and Butternut Squash Ravioli with brown butter and toasted walnuts
Call (520) 742-6000 for reservations.
Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
Canyon Cafe at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort is offering an extensive Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. ’til 4 p.m. Below you’ll find just a few highlights from each food group that you’ll find on the buffet tables. Based on the spread provided, there will likely be many, many tables. Kids will have a selection of traditional and healthy options to choose from as well. $65 for adults, $30 for children 6 –12 and $10 for kids under 5.
- Salad Bar & Appetizers
- Seafood – Oysters, Baby Red Crab, Gran Manier Mignonette house made “Tabasco”, Smoked Salmon Lox bar, Sushi station
- Cheese, Olives & Oil, Spreads and Breads – Grilled Brie, Spiced Pumpkin Cream, Bourbon Cream, Prosciutto, Italian Sausage
- Pastries – Pumpkin Rolls, Cranberry Cheese Strudel, Green Valley Sticky Buns
- Made to Order Omelets & Eggs
- Brunch Items – Cranberry Walnut French toast, Cream Anglaze, Eggs Benedict, Dragoon Brewery beer selection
- BBQ Grill and Carving Stations – Arizona Agave Glazed Ribs, Grilled Salmon, Margarita Grilled Pineapples, 24 Hours Cooked Prime Rib, Roasted Free Range Turkey
- Paella Station
- Fixings – Roasted Arizona Green Chili’s Cream of Corn, Macaroni & Cheese Carbonara, Boursin Cheese Whipped Potatoes, Green Chili & Cheddar Cornbread
- Dessert – Apple Pistachio Crumb Cake, Warm Chocolate Caramel Cake, Espresso Black Bottom Mousse Parfait, Maple Hazelnut Flourless Trifle, Bourbon Pecan Tarts, Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes with butterscotch icing