Fighting an illness is undeniably one of the hardest things anyone can do. Especially when the fight is against cancer.
In 2014, it was estimated that 15,780 cancer cases would be diagnosed, and 1,960 children would pass away from the disease.
Kelsey Taylor Luria, just 17 years old at the time, created The Bald Beauties Project after which helps fund research for Acute Myeloid Leukemia, a rare form of leukemia. Unfortunately, Luria lost her battle to cancer in 2015.
In addition to funding, The Bald Beauties Project organizes professional photoshoots for children and young adults battling cancer.
“As Kelsey experienced firsthand, the opportunity to be professionally photographed was transformational,” says the What We Do page of the Bald Beauties website. “The ability to look, feel and be beautiful with baldness builds self-esteem and confidence.”
To provide further support for cancer patients, Pastiche has joined forces with the Bald Beauties Project to present a multi-course dinner on Sunday, September 11.
Reception begins at 5:30 p.m. Dinner begins at 6:30 p.m.
Bald Beauties Project Dinner Menu
Passed Hors D’Oeurves
- Shrimp flautas with ginger aioli
- Jalapeño ravioli
- Corn and brie frittata with chunky avocado dip
Starters, served family style
- Garlic custard
- Salsa vinaigrette and herbed hazelnuts
- Mushroom, jarlsberg, and parsley salad
- Corn “risotto” with salsa fresca
- Jennifer’s Tortilla Soup
- Terra Cotta sampler
- Prawns stuffed with herbed goat cheese on Southwestern tomato coulis
- Chicken with roasted garlic and goat cheese sauce
- Vegetarian chile relleno on black bean smoked corn salsa
- Chocolate mousse pie and peanut butter madness
Dinner is priced at $125 per person to benefit the Bald Beauties Project.
For more information about Pastiche, visit pasticheme.com. For more information about the Bald Beauties Project, visit baldbeautiesproject.org. To purchase tickets to the event, visit the Bald Beauties Project Events Page.