Legendary dinner to honor a craft beer legend.
Barrio Brewing Company is sending a craft beer legend into retirement with a beer pairing dinner from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 13.
The “Ciao Charlie Ciao” dinner was created in honor of Charlie Papazian, who is the founder of the Brewers Association and has decided to retire after 40 years of hard work in the beer community.
He created the not-for-profit group that’s devoted to the promotion and protection of America’s small and independent craft brewers.
The dinner will be featuring five courses, which have been conveniently crafted to taste nothing short of great with Barrio’s beer. Aside from the eats, the brewery is tapping a new Pale Ale named Ciao Charlie Ciao — in honor of Charlie Papazian and his retirement.
Tickets are $45 per person and space is limited to less than 50 people.
“Ciao Charlie Ciao” Dinner Menu
- Bacon Wrapped Dates – with honey chipotle sauce
- Paired with the Copperhead Pale Ale
- Spinach Salad – with gorgonzola cheese, candied walnuts, Craisins, and TJ’s Raspberry Ale dressing
- Paired with the Citrazona IPA
- Fresh Chicken Tortilla Soup – with avocado
- Paired with the Barrio Rojo
- Sliced Pork Tenderloin – on a bed of Southwest quinoa salad, topped with caramelized onions, and a sweet wine reduction
- Paired with the Ciao Charlie Ciao Pale Ale
- Drunken Cherry Cheesecake
- Paired with the Mocha Java Stout
Barrio Brewing Company is located at 800 E. 16th St. For more information on the dinner, location, and more, visit barriobrewing.com.