Mother-and-daughter team Cathy Browning and Myla Hooker opened Enchanted Cafe in the space that previously held Level Cup.
The 1,100-square-foot space at 1525 N. Wilmot. previously housed Level Cup Coffee & Boba, which opened late 2017.
For all you Dungeons & Dragons fans, this meme is for you. Not a fan? Just scroll down to the next paragraph.
Mother-and-daughter team Cathy Browning and Myla Hooker took over the former Level Cup space in December 2018, then officially opened the space as Enchanted Cafe in January 2019.
“We love Disney, fairy tales and fantasy stories like Lord of the Rings,” Hooker said. “We want to be a place where people can step out of the crazy world and touch back into memories of the movies and stories they connect with. We want to create an ‘Enchanted’ experience where the mystical and magical still exist.”
Enchanted Cafe’s interior features art of mystical beings such as dragons and fairies. Flowers and crystals decorate the dining room tables.
“My mom has been doing reiki and working with crystals for many years,” Hooker said. “Adding crystals around the place, along with the pictures, helps add to the ambiance we are looking for.”
Additionally, the menu dishes features fairytale names. For example, the Rumplestiltskin is an oatmeal cookie with butterscotch. The Big Bad Wolf is a BLT on garlic bread.
While the sandwiches and salads are nothing fancy, they use wholesome ingredients — perfect for a laid back afternoon in the cafe playing D&D with a group of friends.
The menu also offers a variety of coffee, boba, lemonades, and tea drinks. Coffee is sourced from Door County Coffee in Wisconsin.
Enchanted Cafe Menu Highlights
- Lava Flow Boba ($5/$5.50/$6) – pineapple with strawberry popping boba, and coconut drizzle
- Fairly Chocolatey Chip Cookie ($1.50) – milk, semi, dark, and white chocolate
- Rumplestiltskin ($1.50) – oatmeal cookie with butterscotch
- Avocado Toast ($7) – avocado, lemon juice, baby tomatoes, extra-virgin olive oil on Texas toast
- Enchanted Garden Salad ($4/$7.25) – organic mixed greens, baby tomatoes, Mandarin oranges, toasted organic pine nuts, garlic butter croutons, house citrus vinaigrette.
- Enchanted Club ($9) – turkey, ham, roast beef, bacon, smoked provolone, havarti dill, lettuce, tomato, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise on Texas toast infused with rosemary butter
- Big Bad Wolf ($7.50) – extra bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise on Texas toast infused with garlic butter
Sandwiches are available on Texas toast, rye, or 12-grain bread.
Operating hours are 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Sunday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Saturday. They also open earlier via email special requests.
Enchanted Cafe is located at 1525 N. Wilmot Rd. Keep up with Enchanted Cafe on Instagram.