The last European dinner on the Summer Wine Tour will showcase cuisine and wines from Southern Italy.
The Summer Wine Tour is making another stop in Tucson’s historic train depot.
Maynards Market & Kitchen’s tour is pulling over for its last European wine dinner featuring the tastes of Southern Italy from 7 – 9 p.m., Friday, August 24.
The three-course dinner will highlight the best of Southern Italy, otherwise known as the toe, heel, and ankle of the Italian “boot.” The dinner is comprised of edible creations from executive chef Brian Smith as his dishes are paired with selected wines from sommelier Will Olendorf.
Seats are $60 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Tickets are available at maynardstucson.com
If you can’t make it out to this dinner, there is one more dinner and a few more wine tasting events on the Summer Wine Tour until the end of September.
Southern Italy Wine Dinner Menu
- Tomato-Roasted Garlic Arancini – with smoked eggplant, basil, and pecorino
- Paired with Pietra Rosato, 2016
- Blue Beard Durum Cavatelli – with clams, pancetta, Calabrian chile oil, corn, and oregano
- Paired with Pietra Salice Salentino, 2015
- Olive Oil Cake – with grilled apricot, almond gelato, and anise hyssop
- Paired with Antichi Baronati Marsala, N/V
Maynards Market & Kitchen is located on 400 N. Toole Ave. For more information, call (520) 545-0577 or visit maynardstucson.com.