(Photo courtesy of the Blind Tiger)
The Blind Tiger restaurant and bar quietly opened at 628 N. Fourth Ave. on Thursday.
Originally scheduled to open winter 2017, the restaurant had a successful test run during the Winter Street Fair and officially opened Thursday with its full menu.
Co-owners Michael and Alvaro Krankowski have revamped the 27-seat space with a modern-industrial, metal, and wood-oriented aesthetic.
The separate, larger “secret” bar in the patio at the back of the building is still in the works.
“I want it to feel fun, modern, and secretive,” Alvaro said in a previous interview. “The cocktails will be a mix of classic and modern cocktails, but not too crafty since so many places downtown are already doing that so well.”
The food menu features a combination of affordable bar food options alongside a handful of more gourmet options such as the Smoked + Stuffed Pork Chop. Either way you go, the dishes will be made from scratch.
Carne asada fries from the Blind Tiger (Photo courtesy of the Blind Tiger)
The Blind Tiger Food Menu Highlights
- Carne Asada Fries ($8.50) – marinated steak, Oaxaca cheese, cotija cheese, pico de gallo, creme, creme verde, French fries
- Wings ($7 for 6, $13.50 for 12) – barbecue, buffalo, or teriyaki
- Chicken Pesto Pizza ($9) – 12″ with pesto, chopped chicken breast, shredded mozzarella cheese
- Green Chile Burger ($8) – 1/3-pound patty, jack cheese, roasted poblano pepper, pickled red onion, shredded lettuce, tomato, toasted brioche bun, served with French fries
- Bacon + Ranch Chicken Sandwich ($7.5) – fried house-breaded chicken tenders, bacon, ranch, tomato, shredded lettuce, toasted brioche bun, served with French fries
- SW Half Chicken ($15) – sous vide-then-broiled half chicken, buttered corn medley
- Smoked + Stuffed Pork Chop ($19) – 12-ounce smoked pork chop stuffed with mushrooms, green chilies, Oaxaca cheese, served with a warm white bean salad
- Steak Frites ($19) – eight-ounce flat iron steak, chipotle compound butter, seasoned French fries, balsamic dressed lettuce mix
- Fish / Seafood Special (Market Price) – weekly changing special
The Blind Tiger Bar Menu Highlights
- Tamarindo Martini ($9) – Tito’s vodka, tamarind nectar, tamarind syrup, Tajin rim
- Tucson Mule ($9) – Grey Goose L’Orange vodka, Gosling’s ginger beer, orange bitters, prickly pear syrup, lime
- Monsoon Storm ($9) – Gosling’s Dark rum, Gosling’s ginger beer, prickly pear syrup, lime, chamoy rim
- Tigre Paloma ($9) – Milagro Silver tequila, grapefruit juice, club soda, lime, salt & chile de arbol rim
- Michelada ($8) – Dos Equis lager, Clamato, lime, assorted sauces and spices with Tajin rim
After a busy Street Fair Weekend we are ready to officially open our doors tomorrow! Our hours are Thurs-Sat 4pm-11pm ??? #4thavestreetfair #tucsonfoodie #tucsonfood #blindtigeraz #blindtigerrestaurant
Posted by The Blind Tiger on Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Operating hours are 4 – 11 p.m. Thursday – Saturday.
The Blind Tiger is located at 628 N. Fourth Ave. Keep up with The Blind Tiger on Facebook. For more information, visit blindtigeraz.com.