The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson are hosting “The EVENT” at La Encantada from 6 – 9 p.m. on Sunday, March 24.
The EVENT, presented by Nova Home Loans, celebrates its 18th year featuring premiere tastings from 50 of Tucson’s finest restaurants, mouthwatering libations, stellar entertainment, and dancing under the stars.
And the most important part? It’s all to benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson.
Every year, The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson create a safe after-school environment, with caring staff and quality programs, for children between the ages of 7 and 18. The organization pays hundreds of dollars to support each child annually and can do so with the support of our community.
Over 1,800 people are expected to attend The EVENT 2019, with proceeds aiming to help 9,000 members in the local clubhouses.
Tickets are $150 a person and you must be 21 and over to attend.
The EVENT 2018 (Photo courtesy of The Boys and Girls Clubs of Tucson)
Raffle tickets are available for purchase at the event and are $20 each or 6 for $100.
Live music by Bill Shaw Jr Band and Backroads will be your entertainment for the evening — sway, dance, eat, drink, and give back all at once.
The EVENT Participating Vendors/Restaurants & Dish to be Served
Menu updates will continue up to the event.
- AZul Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- Superfoods Gorditas with quinoa, kale, mushroom, butternut ancho mole, and panela cheese
- Blanco Tacos + Tequila
- Bottega Michelangelo
- Brother John’s Beer, Bourbon & BBQ
- Smoked Pulled Pork and BBQ pit beans with BBQ sauce
- Charro del Rey, Charro Steak, and CharroVida
- Hola Hemp Vegan Tamala with pico de gallo
- Chef Chic
- Green tomato casserole with Chipotle buttermilk
- Commoner & Co.
- Braised Beef and goat cheese polenta
- Contigo Latin Kitchen
- Sirloin with chimichuri sauce
- Culinary Dropout
- Defiant Candy
- The Dutch Eatery & Refuge
- Poffertjes with powdered sugar and butter
Poffertjes at the Dutch Eatery & Refuge (Photo courtesy of The Dutch Eatery & Refuge)
- El Charro Cafe
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse
- Tenderloin with mashed potatoes and peppercorn sauce
- Frost Gelato
- Hacienda del Sol
- Smoked Pork Sliders, white cake, and white chocolate glacage
- HUB Ice Cream Factory
- Various ice cream flavors
(Credit: Hub Ice Cream Factory)
- The Living Room Wine Café & Lounge
- Monsoons Tap & Grill
- North Italia
- Pastiche Modern Eatery
- South of the Border shrimp cocktail with chips
- Aguachilli with red and green salsa and chips
- P.F. Chang’s
- [POPPED] Artisan Popcorn
- Popcorn, pretzels, and seasoning products
- Prep & Pastry
- Grilled cheese and tomato soup
- Proof Artisanal Pizza and Pasta
- Meatballs in red sauce and tomato bruschetta
- RA Sushi Bar Restaurant
- RA Chips and Salsa, crisp tuna, and a Tootsy Maki Roll
- Reforma Modern Mexican. Mezcal + Tequila
- Chicken Tinga Tacos with cilantro crema and pickled onions
- Reilly Craft Pizza & Drink
- Meatballs with grana, sauce, parsley, and ricotta
Pork & Beef Meatballs at Reilly Craft Pizza & Drink (Credit: Claire Kaufman)
- Saffron Indian Bistro
- Chicken Tika Masala and Vegetable Biryani
- Seis Kitchen
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse
- Tavolino Ristorante Italiano
- Penne Pasta with smoked and fresh salmon in a tomato, vodka, cream sauce
- Panna Cotta, vanilla custard with berry sauce
- Ten55 Brewing and Sausage House
- Ghost pepper sausage with shaved Brussels slaw
- Bratwurst with sauerkraut and beer mustard
- Steak Tacos with salsa and pico de gallo
- UME at Casino del Sol
- Yakitori style-Nashville Hot Chicken, crispy bread crumbs, and pickles
- Union Public House
Union Sliders at Union Public House (Credit: Chelsey Wade)
- Villa Peru
- Peruvian Ceviche with Mahi Mahi
- Vivace Restaurant
- Seared scallops in a garlic wine sauce over an asparagus risotto
- Zinburger Wine & Burger Bar
- Zona 78
La Encantada is located at 2905 E. Skyline Dr. For more information, call (520) 955-2109 or visit bgctucson.org to purchase your tickets.