The massive 165-dish menu features an extensive list of regional dishes.
Chef Wang Chinese Restaurant quietly opened its doors at 356 E. Grant Rd.
We haven’t dined in yet, but we hopped in to grab a copy of the menu and share the details with you.
The massive 165-dish menu features an extensive list of regional dishes from areas such as Sichuan, Dongbei, and Xinjiang. Sichuan cuisine is famous for its fiery numbing cuisine. The northeastern region Dongbei is known for its pickled cabbage akin to sauerkraut (think China Pasta House). The northwestern region Xinjiang is famous for its flatbreads and use of lamb and cumin.
Out of 165 dishes, ten are labeled as Popular Dishes in America. These include dishes such as Orange Chicken and Mongolian Beef. You should be adventurous and try out the rest of the menu.
Extra-Adventurous Menu Highlights
- Three Pepper with Pork Kidney Slices ($12.98)
- Grilled Duck Head Pot ($12.98) – duck head, fresh vegetables stir-fried with chili peppers; served in a metal pot
- Mao Xue Wang ($14.98) – duck blood and assorted offal in a chili stew
- House Spicy Dry Chili Pig Feet ($14.98)
- Sautéed Pork Liver, Tripe & Intestine ($12.98)
Moderately Adventurous Menu Highlights
- Sauerkraut Fish ($13.98) – tilapia, pickled vegetables; served in a spicy and sour broth
- Green Peppercorn Boiled Shrimp ($14.98) – shrimp, needle mushroom, cucumbers; served in a bowl with spicy sauce
- Dongbei Stew ($10.98) – pork ribs and assorted vegetables
- Chinese Green Bean, Potato, Pumpkin Stew ($10.98)
- Eggplant Paste Noodle ($9.98)
Not Americanized But Still Approachable Menu Highlights
- Steamed Chicken with Chili Sauce ($7.98)
- Grilled Marinated Pork with Rice ($10.98) – served with stir-fried vegetables on a hot stone plate; choose from spicy, black pepper, braised, curry
- Jingdong Meat Pie ($8.98)
- Chinese Beef Burrito ($8.98) – (probably a wrap with a Chinese pancake and not a flour tortilla)
- Sweet Milk Bun ($5.98)
Operating hours are noon – 9 p.m. Sunday, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Monday – Thursday, and 11 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Friday – Saturday.
We’ll share our thoughts on the food once we try it; stay tuned.
Chef Wang Chinese Restaurant is located at 356 E. Grant Rd. For more information, call (520) 367-5375 or keep up with Chef Wang on Facebook.