Fondue favorite, The Melting Pot, is back after a brief closure and change of ownership. The uber romantic and intimate dinner spot at the Foothills Mall is the only place you’ll find fondue in Tucson.
For this season’s Arizona Restaurant Week, The Melting Pot is offering a $29.95 per person, three course meal.
Three options of cheese fondue are available as a starter:
- Cheddar – aged medium-sharp cheddar, Emmenthaler Swiss, lager beer, garlic, seasoning
- Fiesta – Cheddar cheese blend, lager, jalapeño, salsa
- Spinach Artichoke – Fontina, Butterkäse, spinach, artichoke hearts, garlic
Following the cheese fondue starter, you’ll select from three basic salad options:
- Caesar – Romaine, parmesan, croutons, parmesan encrusted pine nuts, Caesar dressing
- California – Baby greens, Roma tomato, candied pecan, Gorgonzola, Raspberry Black Walnut Vinaigrette
- House – Romaine-Iceberg mix, cheddar, egg, tomato, crouton, choice of dressing
Finally, four choices for cooking broth are available which all come with the Petite Combination of protein including sirloin, shrimp, chicken, and ravioli:
- Seasoned Court Bouillon – Seasoned vegetable broth
- Coq au Vin – burgundy wine infused with herbs, spices, and mushrooms (additional $6.95)
- Mojo – Caribbean seasoned (additional $5.95)
- Bourguignonne – Euro style fondue, cholesterol free, with no trans-fat (additional ($6.95)
If you’re still hungry, The Melting Pot’s Chocolate Fondue is worth the visit alone. Unfortunately, it is not included in the Arizona Restaurant Week promotion.