You have a variety of dining options and the list continues to grow as we get closer to Christmas.
Here’s a scenario to consider:
Your neighbor’s hound dogs just barreled into your kitchen — breaking the back screen door in the process — and now they’ve eaten the cherished ham you were planning to feed your family this Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
Okay, the circumstances don’t have to be that severe. If you would simply rather take the family out for dinner this year, many Tucson restaurants have got you covered.
Some are offering their regular menus, while others are serving up something special to keep you warm. Needless to say, you have a variety of dining options and the list continues to grow as we get closer to Christmas.
P.S. Bring some stretchy pants because some of these meals are massive.
Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
11 a.m./1 p.m./3 p.m. Wednesday, December 25
2021 N. Kinney Rd.
The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is offering a buffet that’s available three times throughout Christmas Day. Some of the dishes on the menu include Mesquite Smoked Prime Rib, Prickly Pear Glazed Cornish Hens, Duchess Potatoes, and more.
Seats are $59.95 per person and $24.95 for children 10 years old and under.
You’ll need to make a reservation, too, and can be done by calling (520) 883-3046.
For more information and to view the full menu, visit desertmuseum.org.
Azul Restaurant at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
10 a.m./12:30 p.m./3 p.m./5:30 p.m. Wednesday, December 25
3800 E. Sunrise Dr.
The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa is hosting a Christmas Day buffet with four seating times.
Seats at the table are $65 per person, kids 5 – 12 years old are $28, and anyone younger than that can eat for free.
For more information, visit The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa on Facebook.
4 – 9 p.m Tuesday, December 24
198 W. Cushing St.
The Coronet is throwing an “Oy Humbug” Christmas Eve dinner in addition to their regular menu.
The dinner is going to be full of cheer with a Chinese food Dante Rosano will be performing live from 6 – 9 p.m. Reservations are not required but you can still reserve your seat by calling (520) 222-9889.
Christmas Eve Dinner Menu
- Chinese Fish Soup – with fish broth, tofu, ginger, scallion, and diakon
- Coronado Hot Chinese Pork Dumplings – with spicy tangerine sauce, szechuan pepper, and honey dressed beet salad
- Cashew Chicken – with garlic oyster sauce, broccoli, pea shoots, and rice
For more information, visit coronettucson.com.
DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails
4- 9 p.m. Tuesday, December 24
135 S. Sixth Ave.
DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails is closed on Christmas Day but is offering a meal that reflects the flavors of Tucson and the best of the season on Christmas Eve.
In addition to the regular menu, a perfect three-course meal will also be available for $45 per person (plus tax and gratuity), and $20 for kids 10 and under.
- Oaxacan Tomato Soup – cheese relleno and tortilla shards
- Roasted Turkey Adobado – chorizo cornbread stuffing, maple scented pan gravy, chipotle molasses sweet potatoes, and gingered jalapeno orange cranberries
- Warm Oaxacan Bread Pudding – cranberry ice cream and mezcal hard sauce
For more information, visit downtownkitchen.com.
Festa International Buffet
10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Wednesday, December 25
5655 W. Valencia Rd.
Festa International Buffet, which is inside Casino Del Sol, is offering a festive meal on Christmas Day.
If you’re planning to visit on Christmas Day, they’ll be open from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. and will be serving Prime Rib, Crab Legs, Champagne, Holiday Desserts, and more.
Seats are $38 per person.
For more information, visit casinodelsol.com.
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
11 a.m. – 7 p.m Wednesday, December 25
5501 N. Hacienda del Sol Rd.
Celebrate Christmas at the Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort with their gourmet buffet.
The meal is $70 per person, $35 for kids 6 – 12 years old, and anyone under 6 years old can eat for free. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (520) 529-3500.
Some of the main entrees include Turkey Enchiladas with Trio of Sauces, Cranberry Jelly, Tamales, Country Ham with Pineapple Chile Sauce, Beef Bourguignonne, and Roast Salmon with Tarragon Sauce.
Their full menu can be found on their haciendadelsol.com.
11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Tuesday, December 24
10355 N. La Cañada Dr.
In addition to Harvest’s regular menu, they’ll be featuring the following on Christmas Eve.
- Branzino – Pan seared Branzino over cilantro lime rice with a creamy corn pepper sauce, and then topped with salsa verde and seasonal root vegetables ($24.90)
- Ribeye – Pan seared Ribeye served with port wine shallot compound butter, twice baked sweet potato, and seasonal vegetables ($24.90)
For more information, visit harvestov.com.
Kingfisher Bar + Grill
Last seating at 8 p.m. Tuesday, December 24
2564 E. Grant Rd.
The legendary midtown restaurant will be serving its regular menu on Christmas Eve and the last seating of the night is at 8 p.m.
Also, be sure to make reservations online or by calling (520) 323-7739.
For more information and to view Kingfisher’s menu, visit kingfishertucson.com.
11 a.m. – 7 p.m Tuesday, December 24
50 E. Broadway Blvd.
On Christmas Eve, Penca will feature the “Noche Buena Buffet” from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. for lunch and a dinner from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
The family style meal will showcase a variety of traditional Mexican dishes like Posole, Green Corn Tamales, Romeritos and more. Also, Rompope — a classic holiday milk punch — will be offered along with other seasonal drinks.
Lunch is $32 per person and dinner is $40. Children four years old and under are free. Reservations can be made by calling (520) 203-7681.
Buffet de Noche Buena Menu
- Pozole de Guajolote
- Sopa de Zanahoria
- Green Corn Tamales – with Smoked Butter
- Ensalada Navideña Orange Slices and Blood Orange, Jicama, Pistachio, Red Beet, Sherry Vinaigrette Mixiote
- Navideño Potato, Guajolote, Nopales and Chipotle Meco – steamed in parchment with Magey Leaves
- Pavo Ahumado a la Uva
- Romeritos con Camaron
- Arroz Verde
- Arroz Rojo
- Frijol Negro
- Jewel Purse Seasonal Fruit – steamed with Cinnamon Piloncillo syrup, Quince, and Pecan inside a Banana Leaf Purse
For more information, visit pencarestaurante.com.
Proof Artisanal Pizza & Pasta
11 a.m. – 10 p.m Tuesday, December 24
4340 N. Campbell Ave., Suite 104
Are you a fan of Proof Artisanal Pizza and Pasta’s everyday menu then you’re in luck on Christmas Eve.
The Italian spot is serving its regular menu, along with some sweet holiday specials that have yet to be determined.
For more information, visit Proof’s Facebook event page.
Tuesday, December 24 & Wednesday, December 25
5655 W. Valencia Rd.
PY Steakhouse is throwin’ a double whammy for the holidays.
Whether you’d like to celebrate the holidays on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, the restaurant has you covered with two days of great food. The following dishes are an addition to what’s already on the regular menu.
Holiday Dinner Menu Items
- Prime Rib Roast (12 ounces) – herb-salt rubbed, boursin mashed potato, butter roasted baby carrots, creamy horseradish, and rosemary au jus ($45)
- House Cured Ham – house brined, mashed potato, chef’s vegetables, and grilled pineapple jam
On Christmas Eve they’re open from 4 – 8 p.m. and then 3 – 9 p.m. on Christmas Day.
For more information, visit casinodelsol.com.
Signature Grill at JW Marriott Tucson, Starr Pass
11:30 – 4 p.m. Wednesday, December 25
3800 W. Starr Pass Blvd.
Signature Grill is serving a massive Christmas Buffet that’s $61 per adult, $27 for kids 6 to 12 years old, and anyone younger than that can eat for free.
You’ll also want to reserve your table by calling (520) 791-6064.
- Carved prime rib
- Turkey breast
- Arctic char
- Braised chicken
- Flank steak
- Seafood pasta
- Old Bay poached shrimp
- Crab legs
Soup, Sides & More
- Southwest salad
- Waldorf salad
- Traditional pozole
- Sweet potato puree
- Roasted winter squash
- Handcrafted selected by the pastry team
For more information, visit marriott.com.
Tavolino Ristorante Italiano
3 – 8 p.m. Wednesday, December 24
2890 E. Skyline Dr.
This Christmas Eve, Tavolino Ristorante Italiano is serving a “Feast of the Seven Fishes” multi-course dinner for $65 per person.
The regular dinner menu will also be offered. It’d be best to make a reservation ahead of time by calling (520) 531-1913.
- Cozze Impanate al Forno – baked mussels, bread crumbs, fresh herbs, and garlic
- Acciughe Agrodolce – marinated white anchovies, extra virgin olive oil, shaved fennel, and lemon
- Gravlax con Crostini – house-cured Atlantic salmon, fresh dill, and served with crostini
- Bruschetta al Baccalà – bruschetta, creamy baccalà, Taggiasca olives, and extra virgin Ligurian olive oil
Main Course (Choose One)
- Lasagna di Mare – seafood lasagna, baby scallops, shrimp, and mussels
- Pesce al Cartoccio – fresh sea bass, baked in parchment paper, with mussels, scallops, cherry tomatoes, and asparagus
- Choose one item from the dessert menu
For more information, visit Tavolino’s Facebook event page.
Union Public House
11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Tuesday, December 24
4340 N. Campbell Ave., Suite 103
This one’s perfect if you’re looking for an early meal before joining any other Christmas Eve festivities.
Union Public House will be offering half-priced bottles of wine with their regular menu until 4 p.m.
For more information, visit Union Public House’s Facebook event page.