Tucson’s first craft cider house, Bawker Bawker Cider House, is now open for to-go only and will be debuting their first batch of ciders this weekend.
Last week, Bawker Bawker had a “soda soft opening” and revealed a lineup of non-alcoholic options, including the Apple Slushie, Orange Cream Slushie, Ginger Soda, Pomegranate Lime Spritzer, Kombucha, and a Nitro Whole Bean Cold Brew Coffee.
Now, they’re excited to introduce their cider lineup:
- Semi-Dry Apple
- Unfiltered apple with Edinburgh Scottish Ale Yeast
- Semi-dry with slightly tart finish (ABV: 6.5%)
- Sweet Hibiscus
- Unfiltered apple with hibiscus flower creates a beautiful pink color
- Sweet, smooth, and fruity finish (ABV: 5.3%)
- Semi-Sweet Pomegranate
- Unfiltered apple with pomegranate
- A light and fruity finish (ABV: 6%)
- Tomato Basil
- Unfiltered apple with tomato and whole organic basil “creates a feeling of little Italy in your mouth”
- Semi-sweet with a slightly savory finish (ABV: 6.25%)
Their current hours are 6 – 9 p.m. on Friday, 9 a.m. – noon and 6 – 9 p.m. on Saturday, and 9 a.m. – noon on Sunday. It’s preferred that your orders are placed online beforehand, and they will also offering a four-pack if you’d like to try each one.
Additionally, you can make any of the ciders a Slushie Cider at checkout.
So, are you wondering why it’s a chicken-themed cider house?
“I think chickens are funny and the name makes me smile,” said Don Rubino. He loves chickens and his wife, Jaimie Perkunas, playfully teases him about his morning conversations with the chickens inside their coop in the backyard.
The location previously occupied Olytata Art Studio and Gifts at the northeast corner of Fourth Avenue and Seventh Street. Once they’re fully open, the 3,200-square-foot interior will feature a 30-foot bar, 28 taps, and plenty of perimeter seating to people-watch on Fourth Avenue.
Bawker Bawker Cider House is located at 400 N. Fourth Ave. For more information and to place your order online, visit bawkerbawker.com.