It’s taken more than a year to expand the Whole Foods Market at Casas Adobes Plaza, a renovation that doubled the size of the store while still maintaining one of the community’s architectural landmarks. There’s much to be excited about at the new Whole Foods Oracle, which will feature a grand reopening starting at 9am, Wednesday, August 27.
Guests will be greeted with new Whole Foods “never-before-seen” services, including a large tavern-style restaurant with an outside patio area featuring local products, Health Starts Here™ salad options and 24 beers on tap – with at least 12 dedicated to local brews.
Shoppers will also find:
- Full in-store bakery with everything from cakes and cupcakes to freshly baked pastries (they’ve even got their own version of the “cronut”)
- Juice, coffee and smoothie bar – featuring horchata lattes, lemonade, agua frescas, and cold-brewed coffee growlers
- Meat department with cuts from animals raised without the use of antibiotics or added hormones, plus a selection of in-house smoked meats
- Hot and cold bar of prepared salads and rotating hot menu items featuring healthy, plant strong, oil-free options, as well as organic soups and entrees
- A kitchen that features everyday favorites such as handcrafted pizza by the slice or the whole pie, in-house chips, custom-made sandwiches, Non-GMO and Organic Rotisserie Chickens, and meals-on-the-go
- An expanded bulk section that now includes spices from around the world
In true eco-fashion, every effort was made during the remodel to reuse materials and aesthetic from the original structure. Above the bar area, for instance, has been beautifully designed using exposed, repurposed wood beams from the original building.
“We are reopening our doors at Oracle and are proud to show Tucson the changes we’ve made so we can offer a complete culinary destination,” says Scott Holmes, Whole Foods Market Oracle store team leader. “We’ve nearly doubled our store size and hired more than 100 new team members from the community to bring healthy food and living to nearby residents from Tucson, Marana and Oro Valley.”
The new Whole Foods is located at 7133 N. Oracle Rd, and is open 7 days a week from 7am-10pm. For additional information on Whole Foods Market’s Oracle store, visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/Oracle or stay updated on grand opening events and activities, follow the store on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.