Margaritas, micheladas, & more make La Botana a serious Mexican food contender in Tucson's scene
For a long time, we’ve touted La Botana’s amazing burritos. With their variety of unique options, like the grilled steak Percheron (avocado, chipotle aioli, and cheese) and the grilled garlic shrimp filled Don Camaron, and many more, it’s clear that La Botana features Mexican cuisine from a range of regions in Mexico – not just Sonora.
But if you’re going for a drink, La Botana’s grande margaritas are the real deal. In fact you’ll need both hands to pick one up.
And you might want to take a friend. While it’s common knowledge here in Tucson that a Mexican restaurant will most likely be offering margaritas, the deal isn’t often as sweet as La Botana’s. The veteran-owned business offers grande margaritas as a 2-for-1 special all day, every day. And military and law enforcement receive a 15% discount.
La Botana Grande Margarita Options
La Botana’s Grande margaritas are available in a variety of flavors, including:
- La Clasica – traditional with La Botana’s house margarita mix
- El Blue Demon – blue curacao, triple sec, and fresh oranges for maximum orange flavor
- La Tropical – on the sweeter side with hibiscus tartness
- Prickly Pear – an Arizona favorite with its unmistakable shade of pink
- Cucumber Jalapeño – cooling and spicy at the same time, freshly muddled
- Tamarindo – tangy with tamarind puree and a tamarindo lollipop
You can also make your margarita a beer-garita for $2.
The deals don’t stop there, though. La Botana’s magical micheladas (yep, we’ve covered those, too) are also 2-for-1 (Mondays only). The weekday lunch specials are a steal as well.
La Botana Weekday Lunch Specials
La Botana’s lunch specials are offered Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Options include:
- Monday Wet Burrito – grilled veggies, chicken, carnitas, chicharron, or red chile
- Tuesday Red or Green Chimichanga – with shredded pork, grilled veggies, pinto beans, cilantro rice, sour cream
- Wednesday Large Cheese Quesadilla & One Taco – chicken, carnitas, chicharron, or red chile
- Thursday One Caramelo & One Taco – chicken, carnitas, chicharron, or red chile
- Friday Grilled Tilapia Tacos – corn (recommended) or flour tortillas
And let’s not forget about La Botana’s happy hour from 2 – 6 p.m. every day. Take advantage of the vibrant patio, complete with misters for warmer days.
One last thing — eat for free on your birthday. Ask your server for more details.
La Botana Tacos + Patios + Amigos is located at 3200 N. First Ave. and 5526 E. Grant Rd. For more information, including menu and hours, visit labotanagrill.com.
This is a paid feature. Learn more about Tucson Foodie advertising options.