Aside from growing its own fruits and veggies, Aravaipa Farms has been busy collaborating with local Tucson businesses — Ren’s Coffeehouse, Tucson Tamale Company, and more — proving that communities are stronger together.
Next up is Gallery of Food as they host “An Evening Under the Falling Stars” dinner to coincide with the Perseids Meteor Shower from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. on Friday, August 13.
So, what’s the best part about the dinner? Some say it’s the food. Others may suggest it’s the experience of being outdoors while the night sky glistens off of the cutlery. However, it’s a combination of both that truly makes this dinner distinct.
The evening starts off in the shaded pear orchard with a tequila tasting and live music. Soon after, dinner arrives with handcrafted heritage tortillas, slow-roasted al pastor, and unique salsas and sides.
Seats are $195 per person, which includes tequila tasting, Happy Hour appetizers, a three-course dinner, all drinks, an educational stargazing event, and optional transportation from Tucson the night of the event.
“An Evening Under the Falling” Stars Menu
Appetizers under the pecan tree
- Chips and Salsa
- Baja Ceviche – with Dorado and Guaymas Shrimp
- Served with tequila, mineral water, and sparkling limeade
Dinner under the ramada
- Assorted Tacos
- Choice of native hand-crafted corn tortillas and locally-made flour tortillas
- Al Pastor on the spit, Carne Asada off the Griddle, and Slow-Roasted Vegetarian Tacos Guisados
- Sides include Escabeche, Pickled Red Onions, Avocados, Fresh Limes, Cilantro, Grilled I‘itoi Green Onions, Summer Tomatoes, and Queso Fresco
- Salsas include Pico de Gallo, Blended Salsas, and High Desert Salsas
- Charro Beans
Dessert in the Orchard
- Hot Red Supai Atole – with Pinole and Coconut
- Mesquite Conchas – with Dulce de Leche
- Icy Bodega Paletas
During the dessert course, viewing for the meteor shower will be led by the Tucson Amateur Astronomy Association, and stargazing, in general, is top-notch in Aravaipa Canyon. Plus, if you’d like to extend the adventure with a weekend in one of their casitas, you can get 20-percent off your room rate.
Aravaipa Farms is located at 89395 E. Aravaipa Rd., Winkelman, AZ 85192. For more information, visit aravaipafarms.com.