Fancy dinners, tea parties, & plenty of love
It’s that time of year — Mother’s Day is comin’ in hot on Sunday, May 8.
Time to make sure your mom knows she’s number one in your heart, in case you hadn’t already been doing so. More likely than not, your mother made meals galore for you when you needed them most, so take her out or order something to bring home this Mother’s Day (and skip the cleanup, too).
As usual, Tucson is home to more than enough options to give her a huge edible “I love you.” Check out the following list of restaurants to make sure you get your reservations and to-go orders in on time (expect this list to grow, too).
1003 N. Stone Ave.
There’s a party goin’ on at Bumsted’s, which includes brunch, mimosas, and on-stage performances. Plus, it’s also a local fundraiser.
For more information, follow Bumsted’s on Facebook.
Casino Del Sol
5655 W. Valencia Rd.
The popular casino is hosting a few Mother’s Day options this year. Everyone likes options, right? Check out the participating restaurants below.
Bellissimo Ristorante Italiano
- From 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. they’ll be serving a special prix fixe menu for $45 per person.
- Bread to Share – Bellissimo focaccia, extra virgin olive oil, Modena balsamic vinegar, spice blend
- Summer Orzo Salad – cherry tomatoes, spinach, parmesan cheese, croutons, basil pesto vinaigrette
- Salmon & Herb Tortellini – pan-seared salmon, house-made ricotta, fresh peas, fermented tomatoes, butter sauce
- Tiramisu – chocolate sponge cake & mascarpone-marsala cream
For more information, visit casinodelsol.com.
- The full menu will be available with the following special:
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib Eye – Butter Whipped Potatoes, Chefs Seasonal Vegetables, Au Jus, and Creamy Horseradish ($55)
For more information, visit casinodelsol.com.
Cup Cafe at Hotel Congress
311 E. Congress St.
Mother’s Day at the Cup Cafe consists of a delicious three-course menu for both brunch and dinner created by Executive Chef Karl de la Ossa and Pastry Chef Michelle Morales.
For more information and the menus, visit hotelcongress.com.
Dominick’s Real Italian
8330 N. Thornydale Rd. #170
They’re having Mother’s Day specials all weekend, including a special entrée — Braised Beef Ravioli with Chianti sauce, pancetta and Cremini mushrooms. Reservations are recommended.
For more information, follow Dominick’s Real Italian on Facebook.
Gallery of Food Bodega
2522 E. Fort Lowell Rd.
If you hoping to spend time at home this Mother’s Day, why not order a brunch to-go? Gallery of Food wants to do all of the cooking for you this year. The Mother’s Day Brunch Feast feeds up to eight people and is $290 per bundle.
You’ll want to order sooner than later to avoid missing out on the meal, and pickup time is between 9 – 11 a.m. on Sunday, May 8.
Mother’s Day Brunch Feast Menu
- Mesquite Smoked Salmon Filet – lightly grilled over a cool mesquite wood fire and served with a Sonoran Remoulade
- Crustless Quiche – fluffy and creamy with artichoke hearts, feta, roasted red sweet peppers, and fresh Merchant’s Garden basil
- Fruit Gazpacho – topped with a space of crème fraîche and I’itoi onions
- Berries with Lemon Zest – with a splash of maple syrup and mint garnish
- Grilled Asparagus Spears – with preserved lemon and elderberry balsamic glaze
- Sunday Rice Salad – jasmine rice, currants, toasted pistachios, flat-leaf parsley, and spices
- Housemade Scones – candied grapefruit, cardamom, and black pepper
- Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice – from the abundant Tucson citrus groves
For more information, call (520) 884-5033.
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
5501 N. Hacienda Del Sol Rd.
Looking for the perfect way to show your mom how much you care? Treat her to an award-winning brunch with elegant, classic dishes and all her favorite sweet treats from 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Seats are $80 for adults, $40 for kids six – 12 years old, and anyone younger than that can eat for free. You’ll want to make reservations by calling (520) 529-3500.
For more information and the full menu, follow Hacienda Del Sol on Facebook.
HUB Ice Cream Parlor
245 E. Congress St.
HUB Ice Cream wants to recognize and celebrate the many ways one can mother, nurture, and love those around them this Mother’s Day. So, on Sunday, May 8, HUB Ice Cream is offering one free scoop to anyone who mothers an appreciation for all the love they give to those around them.
For more information, visit thehubicecream.com.
119 E. Toole Ave.
The downtown restaurant near the train tracks is serving up a seasonally-inspired prix fixe menu on Mother’s Day from 5 – 9 p.m.
For more information and to view the menu, visit hotelcongress.com.
2995 E. Skyline Dr.
In addition to delectable brunch and dinner specials, North Italia is offering $20 back when you buy $100 in North Italia gift cards. This offer is valid online only through Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8. Additionally, there are special dishes for mom on Sunday.
North Italia Mother’s Day Specials
- Crispy Mozzarella Bocconcini (starter) – pecorino, spicy vodka sauce
- Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta (starter) – Stracciatella, arugula, house pesto, espelette
- Lump Crab Cake Benedict (brunch only, entrée) – grilled asparagus, poached egg, Calabrian hollandaise
- Blue Crab Tagliatelle (entrée) – English pea, roasted corn, melted onion, lemon zest, mascarpone, Calabrian gremolata
For more information, visit northitalia.com.
6453 N. Oracle Rd.
Spend mom’s day with The Parish because they’re offering a special brunch menu as well as a dinner evening menu. Reservations are highly recommended.
For more information, visit theparishtucson.com.
Inca’s Peruvian Cuisine
6878 E. Sunrise Dr. #130
The restaurant is hosting a Mother’s Day weekend with live music from Edna and Ely B-Cool Band at 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 7 and Tradiciones at 6 p.m. on Sunday, May 8.
For more information, follow Inca’s Peruvian Cuisine on Facebook.
The Red Light Lounge
485 S. Stone Ave.
Right now, you can make a reservation to celebrate Mother’s Day at the Red Light Lounge featuring a specialty brunch menu and refreshing cocktails. It’s free to register/reserve your seat and each dish and cocktail are individually priced.
For more information, visit eventbrite.com.
Spark Project Collective Events Center
4359 E. Broadway Blvd.
You are invited to a fancy Mother’s Day Teatime so feel free to dress up for this one — all mothers, grandmothers, and motherly figures are welcome. Tickets are $10 per person and include a variety of teas, light snacks, and other treats.
For more information, follow Spark Project Collective on Facebook.
7037 N. Oracle Rd.
Whether you’re looking to share a meal in-house or take the table to go, here’s what Wildflower is offering for guests looking to dine to the nines locally this Mother’s Day from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (reservations are encouraged).
Standard menu, plus two featured items:
- Stuffed French Toast ($15) – with mascarpone, berry compote, Marcona almonds
- Spring Vegetable Scramble ($15) – with zucchini, sweet peppers, grilled asparagus, Havarti cheese, arugula
For more information, call (520) 219-4230 or visit wildflowertucson.com.