Lobster Ravioli at Ragazzi Northern Italian Cuisine (Credit: Jackie Tran)
Oro Valley dining options continue to expand with the December opening of Ragazzi Northern Italian Cuisine.
The 2,700-square-foot restaurant opens Friday, December 8 at 7850 N. Oracle Rd. in the Trader Joe’s shopping center. The space formerly housed a Dickey’s BBQ.
Northern Italian food doesn’t feature as much red sauce, said Ragazzi partner Hector Valles. While Ragazzi will still include marinara sauce, customers can look forward to sauces made out of white wine, mushrooms, cream, and more. Steaks and veal also comprise a significant portion of the menu.
“The restaurant’s specialty is seafood,” said Jorge Leon, who owns and manages all Ragazzi restaurants — the current two other locations include Ragazzi International Cuisine in Nogales and Trattoria Ragazzi in Green Valley. The first Ragazzi restaurant was open in Nogales from 1996 to 2001. Another Ragazzi restaurant opened in Tucson in 2002, then relocated to Green Valley in 2003.
Interior at Ragazzi Northern Italian Cuisine (Credit: Jackie Tran)
Operating hours will be 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. – midnight Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Sunday. Happy hour is 3 – 6 p.m. daily with $2.50 domestic beers, $3.50 margaritas, $4 well drinks, $3.50 house wine, and 20 percent off appetizers.
- Calamari Piccanti – squid, spicy bechamel ($12.99)
- Ravioli di Aragosta con Gamberi – lobster-stuffed ravioli, shrimp, rosé sauce ($20.99)
- Rib Eye Steak or New York Strip – 12-ounce with balsamic rosemary jus ($24.99)
- Carne D’Agnello al Forno – roasted rack of spring lamb coated with herbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and breadcrumbs, served with roasted vegetables and asparagus ($28.99)
- Cioppino – mussels, shrimp, scallops, spicy white wine sauce, linguine, marinara ($25.99)
- Vitello Fior de Latte – veal, spinach, kasseri cheese, spicy cream sauce ($24.99)
Ragazzi Northern Italian Cuisine is located at 7850 N. Oracle Rd., Oro Valley, AZ 85704. For more information and to make reservations, call (520) 638-7221 or visit ragazzirestaurants.com.