The new section of Exo Roast Co. is ready to show off its new space.
Exo Roast Co. is celebrating the grand opening of its newest addition, Exo Bar, and what its dinner menu has to offer from 5 – 11 p.m. on Tuesday, November 20.
There are a couple of important things to point out about Exo Bar. For one, Exo Roast Co. will still be open from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., and Exo Bar will open just in time for Happy Hour from 5 – 10 p.m.
The back space of the bar will be closed from 4 – 5 p.m. daily for required cleanup.
Another thing is that — with its new dinner menu — Exo Bar is striving to become the go-to food destination for those enjoying a drink at its next-door neighbor, Tap & Bottle (credit card only for deliveries).
View this post on Instagram
We’ve been cooking up some changes in our space that are thrilling and fun but require a little orientation. For one, we are OFFICIALLY going to be the go-to food source for @tapandbottle downtown beginning THURSDAY 5-10 pm. We have a great new bar menu that is also going to be expanded next week at @exo___bar. We are also CHANGING our HOURS in the back space. We will be closing the space from 4pm-5pm for the required time to clean and change over the room. Don’t worry, @exoroastco is still open until 6 pm and you can come to @exo___bar for happy hour beginning at 5! Change is a constant and with expanded hours and more seating, we hope to see even more of you!
The food menu was crafted by Timothy Johnson of Curly Wolf Kombucha, and to complement that, a winter cocktail lineup will be revealed as well.
After the grand opening party, the regular hours for Exo Bar will be from 5 – 10 p.m. from Tuesday – Sunday.
Exo Bar Dinner Menu
- Bar Snacks ($7) – choose 4 of the following:
- Spanish-style peanuts with chile and lime
- Toasted sweet and spicy pepitas with popped amaranth
- Oranges with gusano salt
- Cotija cheese
- Tepary bean hummus
- Warm Barrio Bread
- Spanish chorizo
- Candied cacao nibs
- Flatbread of the Week ($8, +$2 for chorizo) – house-made flatbread, roasted seasonal vegetables, Jack cheese
- Tostada ($8) – crunchy corn tortilla, Bonita pinto bean puree, pico de gallo, Cotija cheese, served with local greens, and cilantro sprouts
- Savory Empanadas ($.5.50 vegetable, $6 meat)
- Oaxacan cheese in house-made empanada brushed with rosemary butter
- Forbes Meat Company chorizo, potatoes, red, and green bell peppers
- Street Tacos ($5 each or $9 for two) – braised and seared beef cheek served over house-made nixtamalized, local wheat tortillas with lacto-fermented white onions and ancho-cream reduction, served with local greens and cilantro sprouts
- Corn Tempura Chicken ($7) – ancho chile and onion marinated chicken covered in a yellow and blue corn tempura batter and fried, served with a cilantro-lime aioli
Being that it’s a party, it’s complete with an evening of events that ought to be a blast.
- New food menu available 5 – 10 p.m.
- “Rum 101” tasting at 6 p.m.
- Mezcal tasting at 7 p.m.
- Winter cocktails available until 11 p.m.
- DJ Q spins records from 8 – 10 p.m.
- Smashing of the agave piñata during last call
Exo Roast Co. is located at 403 N. Sixth Ave. Keep up with Exo Roast Co on Instagram.