The restaurant offers standard Greek American fare such as hummus, dolmades, flaming saganaki, pita sandwiches, braised lamb shank, souvlaki, moussaka, pastitsio, and more.
About five months after Zivaz Mexican Bistro closed at 4590 E. Broadway Blvd., Opa’s Best Greek American restaurant has settled into the space.
While the restaurant quietly opened on Saturday, they are hosting their grand opening from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. on Saturday, December 15. The event will feature 15% off all items except for lunch specials.
Opa’s Best offers standard Greek American fare such as hummus, dolmades, flaming saganaki, pita sandwiches, braised lamb shank, souvlaki, moussaka, pastitsio, and more.
Burgers are also highlighted on the menu, with a couple of American burgers and a few Greek variations with ingredients such as feta and sun-dried tomatoes.
Opening this Saturday, December 8, 2018! ?Opa’s Best — Greek American Cuisine, on Broadway and Swan. ?•••••#tucson #greekfood #gyro #greeksalad #baklava #tucsoneats
Opa’s Best Menu Highlights
- Meatball Rice Avgolemono – rice and chicken soup with lemon, egg, beef meatballs
- Horiatiki Salad – tomatoes, cucumbers, Greek olives, red onions, green peppers, feta cheese, olives
- Opa’s Combo Platter – spanakopita, falafel, dolmades, hummus, Greek salad, pita
- Greek Burger – fresh ground beef, feta cheese, roasted garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, and Greek olives
- Spicy Chicken Souvlaki Kabob – marinated chicken breast in pepper, thyme, oregano, garlic, olive oil
- Yemista – stuffed tomato and bell pepper, rice, Greek herbs, potatoes
- Roasted Lamb – fresh pepper, rosemary, olive oil, served with Greek lemon potatoes, green beans
The beer selection includes a few European beers rare in Tucson; Svyturys Ekstra Lager from Lithuania and Primator Dark Lager from the Czech Republic are on tap, while Mythos Lager from Greece and Efes Pilsener are available by the bottle. A selection of 14 wines are also offered, most of which are Greek.
Operating hours are 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Sunday – Thursday, 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. Friday – Saturday.
Opa’s Best is located at 4590 E. Broadway Blvd. For more information, call (520) 838-0687 or visit opasbest.com.