Drinks, food, live music & more at the celebration.
If you haven’t yet experienced the yard of modified, food and booze-slinging shipping containers on Fourth Avenue, there’s no better time than this weekend.
The Boxyard is making it official with a grand opening celebration from 1 p.m. – 2 a.m., Saturday, May 4 and 2 p.m. – 10 p.m., Sunday, May 5.
It’s the first development of its kind on the avenue with 10 repurposed shipping containers on a 12,000-square-foot lot. Since opening in January, three restaurants have signed on, including Percheron Mexican Grill, BXQ (Bronx BBQ), and Nhu Lan Vietnamese Food.
To get the ball rollin’ — as if it already hasn’t — there’s going to be plenty of live music with local bands and DJs. There’s also live screen printing with CREAM Design and Print, drink specials, and a Pop ‘N Swap Market.
Take a glance at the schedule to be sure you don’t miss out on any of the fun.
Saturday, May 4
- $7 Four Roses Bourbon Mint Juleps
- Pop ‘N Swap Market from 1 – 5 p.m.
- DJ Halsero performs from 1 – 5 p.m.
- Pushing Buttons takes over at 7 – 10 p.m.
- DJ Jason Ehresman closes out starting at 10:30 p.m.
Sunday, May 5
- $5 Dulce Vida Tequila Drinks
- Live Screen Printing by CREAM Design and Print from 2 – 6 p.m.
- Daddy Banjo and Banjolina Jolie perform from 2:30 – 3 p.m.
- Chardonnay Sunset plays at 3 – 3:30 p.m.
- Dos Sueños keeps the show going from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Taco Sauce takes over at 5 – 6 p.m.
- Diluvio AZ performs from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Street Blues Family closes out the night from 8 – 10 p.m.
Also, once you’ve settled in with a drink or food, make sure to check out one of the many spots from the balconies.
You’ve got one of the best views of downtown Tucson.
The Boxyard on Fourth Avenue is located at 238 N. Fourth Ave. Keep up with the party at The Boxyard’s Facebook event page.