If you've been itchin' for an adventure, this one's got its benefits.
One thing’s for sure, you don’t have to travel too far to enjoy this road trip.
Kingfisher’s signature cross country culinary adventure is making its very last stop of the season to deliver dishes from Down South from Tuesday, August 24 – Saturday, September 4.
Kingfisher’s “Road Trip” is now in its 27th year, and if you’ve never been, the restaurant sees it as “one of the most enjoyable rites of summer in Tucson.”
This portion of the excursion has a special menu showcasing the distinctive flavors of the southern states, such as Blackened Frog Legs, Shrimp and Grits, Gumbo, Red Velvet Cake, and more.
In preparation for each “road trip,” chefs and owners Jim Murphy and Jeff Azersky, as well as executive chef Fred Harris, have been working together to design the different menus. Pastry chef Marianne Banes is crafting up desserts, too, so that the bites have a satisfying finish.
Also, you can’t forget about the Kingfisher bartending staff — providing the cocktails, wines, beers, and spirits that are representative of each stop along the way.
Take a glance at the menu for “Down South” before the trip concludes.
“Down South” Road Trip Menu
- Blackened Frog Legs – with green Tabasco aioli, sauce piqaunte, and scallions ($12)
- Creole BBQ Spiced Shrimp and Grits – with garlic, parsley, Worcestershire, dark beer, and sweet butter ($16)
- Roasted Chicken and Andouille Gumbo – with dark brown roux, mirepoix, scallions, and Texmati rice ($11)
- Fried Cornmeal Crusted Catfish – with pickled cucumbers, creole tartar sauce, and corn maque choux ($23)
- Crawfish and Shrimp Etouffee – with dark brown roux, mirepoix, Texmati rice, and scallions ($28)
- Red Velvet Cake – with cream cheese frosting, chocolate sauce, and vanilla ice cream ($9)
- The Emperor’s New Daquiri – Probitas rum, St.Elizabeth’s allspice dram, lime juice, simple syrup, and clarified milk served up ($11)
- Cigar City “Jai Alai” – IPA ($8)
Kingfisher’s dining areas and bar are open for limited seating by reservation only from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. for lunch, 4 – 9 p.m. for dinner, and from Tuesday – Saturday.
Kingfisher is located at 2564 E. Grant Rd. For more information and to make reservations, call (520) 323-7739 or visit kingfishertucson.com.