The music festival hits it out of the park with its choices of local cookery.
The music lineup has been set for Dusk Music Festival and there’s going to be plenty of food options, too, from Saturday, November 10 – Sunday, November 11.
One thing’s for sure, you’re not going to be left to fend for yourself when it comes to entertaining your cravings — the Dusk Music Festival food options will take care of the other entertainment.
The food at this year’s music festival is going to be a big deal. The culinary experience that’s been crafted to get you through the day will be featuring top-notch local food vendors, custom cocktails, and other gourmet experiences..
The festival is offering single and two-day passes, so there is plenty of time to try splurge on all of these great culinary experiences. Let’s get to the good stuff.
The all-inclusive Platinum Platform Experience will highlight James Beard award-winning chef Janos Wilder and nine different “bocaditos.”
Wilder will host the “Autumn at Dusk in the City of Gastronomy” and create a custom menu of nine different bocaditos, highlighting seasonal and local flavors during different times of the day.
Platinum Platform Experience Menu
- Pork Carnitas and Mesquite Biscuit – jalapeno orange vinaigrette, pickled onions, and guajillo mayo
- Slow-Roasted Salmon and an Orange Jicama Salad – chipotle molasses sweet potatoes, guajillo citronette, and Mission Garden pomegranates arils
- Whole Roasted Beef Rib Eye – fall harvest calabacitas con queso, frijoles maneados, chili colorado sauce, and a green chile vinaigrette
- Open-Faced Achiote Shrimp Mini Torta – cabbage radish slaw and pibil mojo
- Armenian Spiral Sandwiches – Lavosh with labne, cucumber, sprouts, and harissa
Fox Restaurant Concepts is bringing in a VIP tent to replicate some of Culinary Dropout’s space with leather sofas, side chairs, high-top tables, and familiar chair sets.
A considerable amount of the most popular food items and cocktails on the restaurant’s menu and will be available for purchase, too.
Culinary Dropout VIP Experience Menu
- Pork ribs with BBQ sauce
- Pretzels Nibs – with fondue cheese
- Turkey Pastrami Sandwich – pretzel roll, swiss cheese, and house coleslaw
- Beef Carpaccio – herb ash encrusted tenderloin, pickled serranos, chicken fried Shittake, with black garlic aioli, and yuzu vinaigrette
- Afterglow (cocktail) – Tito’s Handmade Vodka, fresh lemon juice, apple cider syrup, cranberry juice, vanilla tobacco tincture, and cream soda
- Other menu items and cocktails will be available, along with beer and wine
Plus, the Culinary Dropout VIP Experience would not be the same if it didn’t have game. The team will be bringing in numerous backyard and over-sized outdoor games to play with in between musical acts.
The Dusk Music Festival food court, “Tucson FEASTS” takes festival food to another level with chef-driven dishes by four vendors, as well as the Gastronomic Union of Tucson (GUT).
In the Dusk Music Festival’s main food court area, you’ll find The Parish, Dante’s Fire, Empire Pizza, and Purple Tree Acai, but on top of that there will be several chefs representing the Gastronomic Union of Tucson (GUT). The union is made up of more than 30 local chefs, restaurateurs, and food service professionals that was organized after the UNESCO designation.
When the GUT team whips up a meal, they go big, and you better believe they’ve got something tasty up their sleeves.
Tucson FEASTS Menu Highlights
- Achiote Pork Spare Ribs
- Guajillo Shredded Pork
- Smoked Chicken Drumsticks – with tamarind barbecue sauce
- Frijoles de la Olla (vegetarian)
- Ma Po Tofu Tacos (vegetarian)
- Lamb Vindaloo Tacos
- Garlic and Parmesan Fries
- Nashville Fried Chicken and Waffle Fries
Exclusive cocktails will reflect the festival, artists, and music.
Cocktail catering company Rattle & Rum is bringing plenty of signature cocktails to lift your spirits at the festival, including Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Milagro Tequila, Jack Daniels, and Hendrick’s Gin.
In addition, a selection of red and white wines will be on hand.
But what’s a music festival without beer? Odell Brewing has got you covered as the official beer partner of Dusk Music Festival, which has created a Tucson original Downtown Dusk Lager to pour over the course of the weekend.
You can count on other Odell Brewing beers to be on tap, too, and a limited number of Anheuser-Busch beers as well.
- Disco Nap – Tito’s Handmade Vodka, fresh lemon juice, lemongrass, vanilla, ginger beer, and Scarborough bitters
- Feel the Vibe – Hendricks Gin, fresh lemon juice, fresh grapefruit juice, and lavender
- Howling at the Moon – Milagro Silver Tequila, fresh lime juice, mango, pineapple, and Mi Casa bitter.
- Not Butter – Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, amaro, fresh lemon juice, Earl Grey tea, toasted almond, vanilla, and Mas Mole bitters
- Louder Than Ever – Milagro Silver Tequila, aperol, fresh lime juice, and Orange Edition Red Bull
Music festival experiences are always loads of fun and full of interesting visuals, but this adventure sets it apart from the rest with a culinary encounter like no other. If you haven’t bought your tickets to the show, grab them quick at duskmusicfestival.com.
Dusk Music Festival is happening at downtown’s Armory Park, which is located at 221 S. 6th Ave. For more information regarding Dusk Music Festival food, lineup, location, hours, and more, visit duskmusicfestival.com.
This is a paid feature. Learn more about Tucson Foodie advertising options.