The spirit of Christmas is alive and well in these tasty menus.
Taking the family out to eat during the holidays is becoming more popular every year.
Whether you’ve been planning to go out to eat all along, or your Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dinner plans have become a disaster, many Tucson restaurants have got you covered this year.
Some are offering their regular menus, while others are serving up something special to keep you warm. Needless to say, you have a variety of dining options this year and the list continues to grow as we get closer to Christmas.
So, go head — pig out.
6 – 8 p.m. Monday, December 24
100 S. Avenida del Convento, Ste. 150
Agustin Kitchen is throwing a Christmas Eve dinner with a special menu.
While taking in the vibe and enjoying your dinner, Kyklo will be performing throughout the evening from 6 – 8 p.m. The menu has yet to be determined.
For more information, visit agustinkitchen.com.
Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
11 a.m./1 p.m./3 p.m. Tuesday, December 25
2021 N. Kinney Rd.
The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum is offering a buffet that’s available three times throughout Christmas Day inside the Baldwin Education Building.
Seats are $59.95 per person and $24.95 for children 10 years old and under, but if you’re younger than 3 years old it’s free to eat. If you’re a member you’ll be able to take 10% off the ticket price.
You’ll need to make a reservation, too, and can be done by calling (520) 883-3046.
For more information and to view the full menu, visit desertmuseum.org.
Cayton’s Burger Bistro
5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, December 25
15000 N. Secret Springs Dr., Marana, AZ 85658
Name that #1 selling specialty burger at Cayton's Burger Bistro…8oz cook-to-order patty; 4oz smoked brisket; house…
Canyon’s Burger Bistro is going to be open this Christmas and is offering a special holiday menu — along with the restaurant’s popular dinner menu.
For more information and to make your reservation, visit ritzcarlton.com.
CORE Kitchen & Wine Bar
Monday, December 24 – Tuesday, December 25
15000 N. Secret Springs Dr., Marana, AZ 85658
CORE Kitchen & Wine Bar is offering a Christmas Eve dinner from 5 – 9 p.m. and a Christmas Day dinner from 5:30 – 9 p.m.
On Christmas Eve, there’s a festive four-course holiday menu alongside the regular dinner menu, and on Christmas Day all guests can choose preferred selections from the à la carte menu.
For more information and to make your reservations, call (520) 572-3401 or visit ritzcarlton.com.
5 – 9 p.m Monday, December 24
402 E. Ninth St.
The Coronet will not be open on Christmas Day but the downtown restaurant is still throwing an “Oy Humbug” Christmas Eve dinner.
To accompany the dinner, the Hatpin Duo will be performing live from 6 – 8 p.m. Reservations are not required but you can still reserve your seat by calling (520) 222-9889.
Christmas Eve Dinner Menu
- Five Spiced Beef Cheek – with kale stew over rice and bok choy
- Pork Dumplings – with spicy plum sauce and radish salad
For more information, visit cafecoronet.com.
Monday, December 24 – Tuesday, December 25
311 E. Congress St.
Cup Cafe will be open both Christmas and Christmas Eve with a special holiday menu to coincide with their regular menu.
Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Menu (4 – 8 p.m.)
- Slow Roasted New York Strip – pink and green pepper crusted, wild mushroom and bourbon demi-glaze, pepper bacon twice-baked potato, caramelized onions, and haricot verts ($32)
- Rack of Lamb – pistachio crust, roasted grape aju, mint and citrus couscous, roasted carrots, and parsnips ($32)
- Sea Bass– pan seared, roasted red bell pepper and poblano compound butter, spinach, sun-dried tomato, faro saute, and fried brussels sprouts ($29)
Christmas Day Brunch Specials (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- House-Made French Fruitcake – brandy vanilla egg batter, creme anglaise, and fresh berries ($12)
- Strip and Eggs – béarnaise sauce, eggs any style, and a sweet potato and bacon hash ($14)
For more information, call (520) 798-2628 or visit hotelcongress.com.
DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails
7 p.m. Monday, December 24
135 S. Sixth Ave.
DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails is closed on Christmas but is offering a meal that reflects the flavors of Tucson and the best of the season on Christmas Eve.
In addition to the regular menu, a perfect three-course meal will also be available for $42 per person (plus tax and gratuity), and $20 for kids 10 and under.
- Oaxacan Tomato Soup – with a cheese relleno and tortilla shards
- Roast Turkey Adobado – chorizo cornbread stuffing, maple-scented pan gravy, chipotle molasses sweet potatoes, and gingered jalapeno orange cranberries
- Warm Oaxacan Bread Pudding – rum raisin ice cream and mezcal hard sauce
For more information and to make reservations, visit downtownkitchen.com.
Festa International Buffet
Monday, December 24 & Tuesday, December 25
5655 W. Valencia Rd.
Festa International Buffet, which is inside Casino Del Sol, is offering meals on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
The Christmas Eve celebration will be from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. and will have Prime Rib, Roasted Turkey, Glazed Ham, and more. Seats are $19 per person.
If you’re planning to visit on Christmas Day, they’ll be open from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. and will be serving Prime Rib, Roasted Turkey, Glazed Ham, and a Chilled Seafood Display with Snow Crab Legs and Shrimp. Seats are $38 per person.
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
11 a.m. – 7 p.m Tuesday, December 25
5501 N. Hacienda del Sol Rd.
Celebrate Christmas at the Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort with their gourmet buffet.
The meal is $68 per person, $25 for kids 6 – 12 years old, and anyone under 6 years old can eat for free. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (520) 529-3500.
- Roast turkey breast bread stuffing with thyme and garlic gravy
- Roasted turkey thigh
- Cranberry jelly
- Prime rib with au jus and creamy horseradish
- Country ham with pineapple chile sauce
- Paprika mint lamb stew
- Roast salmon with tarragon sauce
Appetizers and Salads
- Seafood – chilled shrimp, smoked salmon, and snow crab claws
- Antipasto – imported Italian cured meats, pepperoncini, olives, and imported and domestic cheese platter
- Imported and Domestic Cheese Platter
- Fresh fruit platter
- Green Bean Salad – tomatoes, cucumber, walnuts, fried onions, and citrus buttermilk dressing
- Spinach Salad – spinach, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, frisee, tomatoes, shoestring potatoes, and sherry vinaigrette
- Arugula, mixed greens, pecans, apples, oranges, and goat cheese vinaigrette
- Caesar salad
- Mashed potatoes
- Green bean casserole
- Forest mushroom mac n’ cheese
- Potato and pumpkin pudding
- Saffron rice pilaf
- Roasted bell pepper gratin
- Glazed maple carrots
- Brussels sprouts and cranberries
- White chocolate Bourbon cookie butter cups
- Pink mascato cupcakes
- Christmas sugar cookie fudge
- Cranberry gingerbread tartlet
- Banana foster cheesecake
- Chocolate cream pie
- Blackberry apple pie
- Eggnog pannacotta
- Dark chocolate cranberry chocolate bark (vegan)
Their full menu can be found on their haciendadelsol.com.
Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort
11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, December 25
10000 N. Oracle Rd.
On Christmas Day, take it easy and enjoy some traditional favorites out at the resort.
The buffet will have a carving station, salad bar, and dessert buffet. You can check out their full menu at hiltonelconquistador.com.
The feast is $55 per person, $22 for kids 6 – 12 years old, and anyone younger is free.
For more information and to make your reservations, call (520) 544-1244 or visit hiltonelconquistador.com.
Kingfisher Bar + Grill
5 – 8 p.m. Sunday, December 24
2564 E. Grant Rd.
Kingfisher Bar + Grill is serving dinner from the regular menu with some holiday specials from 5 – 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve, and will be closed on Christmas.
It’s also the season of giving at the restaurant. From now until Christmas Eve the purchase of a $100 gift certificate will get you a bonus certificate for $20, or a $50 certificate purchase gets a $10 bonus certificate.
For more information and to make reservations, call (520) 323-7739 or visit kingfishertucson.com.
Maynards Market & Kitchen
4 – 8 p.m. Monday, December 24
400 N. Toole Ave.
Celebrate this holiday season at Maynards Market & Kitchen and give your family and friends the gift of fine dining.
Chef Brian Smith and his culinary team are making this Christmas Eve inventive and memorable with their passion for heritage foods. The regular menu will be available as well.
- Tuna poke – with shaved jalapeño, avocado, yuzu, bottarga, and puffed grains ($15)
- Elk Osso Buco – cranberry-orange braise, farro risotto, fennel, and rosemary ($35)
- Squid Ink Linguine – clams, house-cured bacon, kale, caramelized shallot butter, Maynards garden herbs, and citrus ($30)
Chocolate-Mint Torte – with raspberry and pistachio crunch ($8)
Reservations are suggested for this holiday dinner.
For more information and to make reservations, call (520) 545-0577 or visit maynardstucson.com.
3 – 8 p.m. Tuesday, December 25
5655 W. Valencia Rd.
PY Steakhouse won’t be open on Christmas Eve, but the scents will be luring you in on Christmas Day.
The regular menu service will be available but the kitchen is offering a couple of holiday specials.
- Prime Rib Roast (12 ounces) – herb-salt rubbed, mashed potato, butter roasted baby carrots, creamy horseradish, and rosemary au jus ($42)
- House Cured Ham – house brined, mashed potato, chef’s vegetables, and roasted pineapple jam ($36)
For more information, visit casinodelsol.com.
Tavolino Ristorante Italiano
11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday, December 24
2890 E. Skyline Dr.
This Christmas Eve, Tavolino Ristorante Italiano is serving a “Feast of the Seven Fishes” multi-course dinner for $75 per person.
The regular dinner menu will also be offered. It’d be best to make a reservation ahead of time by calling (520) 531-1913.
- Crostini al Tonno e Gamberi – ahi tuna tartare, grilled shrimp, avocado, and a truffle balsamic reduction on crostini bread
- Capesante Pompelmo e Melograno – fresh sea scallops, ruby red grapefruit, micro greens, and pomegranate seeds
- Polipo Alla Griglia e Calamari – grilled spanish octopus, calamari, chile calabrese oil, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, and fresh herbs
Entree (choose one)
- Ravioli di Salmone – ravioli made with Atlantic salmon, goat cheese, and ricotta, and then served with fresh tomatoes sauce, basil, and grilled prawns
- Pesce al Cartoccio – fresh sea bass, capers olive oil, wood fired mixed vegetables, and fresh herbs baked in parchment paper with mussels and clams
- Semifreddo al Moscato D’Asti – frozen zabaglione made with Massimo’s brother Moscato D’Asti wine, warm chocolate sauce, and Italian torrone praline
For more information, visit tavolinoristorante.com.
Azul Restaurant at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Tuesday, December 25
3800 E. Sunrise Dr.
The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa is hosting a Christmas Day buffet featuring a Garde Manger Station, Seafood Station, Carving Station, Holiday Accoutrements, and Desserts.
Seats are $56.95 per person, kids 6 – 12 years old are $24.95, and anyone younger than that can eat for free.
For more information, visit westinlapalomaresort.com.