While the new location is significantly smaller, customers can expect the same friendly family operating the space along with a nearly identical menu.
East Tucson restaurant BZ’s Pizza Company quietly reopened in a new location as BZ’s Pizza and Italian Kitchen after nearly two years closed.
While the new location at 7856 E. Wrightstown Rd. is significantly smaller, customers can expect the same friendly family operating the space along with a nearly identical menu. The vibe is also the same: a friendly neighborhood joint where you can grab a pint, pizza, or other Italian dishes comfortably.
BZ’s at 8838 E. Broadway Blvd. closed in 2016 while owner Carl Sorell was dealing with cancer. However, Carl is now cancer-free and back in the new restaurant working alongside his sons, chef Brian “BZ” Sorell and bartender Mike Sorell.
A few finishing touches are left for the space; seven televisions will be mounted to play NFL games. Also, 30 beers will be available on draft with a full bar. Speaking of which, the bar top is already decorated with the Cleveland Browns logo.
While seating is available outside, a proper porch is in the works.
Furthermore, the restaurant will host live events such as music and comedy on Tuesdays.
Although nights are already busy with regulars, BZ’s hopes to lure in more visitors during the lunch hour with additional lunch creations coming soon.
BZ’s Pizza and Italian Kitchen Menu Highlights
- Roasted Garlic and Brie ($13) – warm brie in puff pastry; roasted veggies, fruit, roasted garlic, crostini
- Wings (10 for $12) – a variety of sauces, but go for teriyaki, mango habanero, or the new fire honey
- Jalapeño Poppers ($11) – tender peppers filled with house-seasoned cream cheese and wrapped in bacon
- Hammer Pizza (regular $17.50, large $20.50) – pepperoni, sausage, ham, capicola, onion, roasted bell peppers, and pesto on top
- Linguine and Clams ($18.50) – linguine, in-shell Little Neck clams, light white wine butter sauce
- House-made New York-style Cheesecake – available by the slice or special order a whole cheesecake
BZ’s Pizza and Italian Kitchen is located at 7856 E. Wrightstown Rd.