More than 40 restaurants & vendors.
You might as well taste it all this Labor Day weekend.
The Southern Arizona Arts & Culture Alliance is hosting its annual Salsa, Tequila & Taco Challenge at the La Encantada Shopping Center from 7 – 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, September 1.
Similar to past events, several participating restaurants and vendors will be showing off their best varieties of original salsa recipes, tequila mixed cocktails, food, and beer.
Plus, don’t forget all of the spicy salsa you can handle.
Don’t worry, though. You’ll be able to cool off with the tequila.
The menus have yet to be released, but last year there were plenty of tequila-infused popsicles, snow cones, and more mixed drinks than you can imagine.
General Admission Ticket includes:
- Includes food and drink samplings from more than 40 restaurants and chefs
- Live entertainment
- Will be $65 on the day of the event
VIP Admission includes:
- One hour early access at 6 p.m.
- Valet parking
- Commemorative shot glass
- Tequila toast
- Plus everything included in general admission
- Will be $95 on the day of the event
To make yourself feel better about the amount of food and drinks you’ve had, the event raises funds for the Southern Arizona Arts & Culture Alliance and Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona.
The event will be also handing out awards from professional judges as well as People’s Choice Awards in more than 15 categories.
Participating Restaurants & Vendors
- Americano Mexicano
- Angie’s Gourmet To Go
- Angie’s Kick Ass Salsa
- Barrio Brewing Company
- Benson City Grille
- Cafe a la C’Art
- Cafe Botanica
- Calle Tepa
- Casino Del Sol
- Daniela’s Cooking
- Dos XX
- El Coronado Family Restaurant
- Estrella Jalisco
- Fermented Tea Company Kombucha
- Four Peaks Brewing Company
- The Gallery Golf Club
- The Grill at Quail Creek
- Jugo Fuerte Spike Agua Frescas
- La Cumbre Brewing Company
- The Living Room
- The Lodge at Ventana Canyon
- New Belgium Brewing Company
- Peppersauce Kitchen
- Pima Community College Hospitality Leadership
- [POPPED] Artisan Popcorn
- Proof Artisan Pizza
- PRP Wine International
- Pure Love Juice
- Queen Ceviche
- Reforma Modern Mexican
- Rigo’s Restaurant
- Ritz Carlton at Dove Mountain
- Roger Clyne Mexican Moonshine Tequila
- Royal Catering
- Salsa De Lazo
- San Carlos Grill
- Santiago’s Mexican
- Savaya Coffee Market
- Sierra Nevada
- Three Amigos Tequila
- Tubac Salsa Company
- Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
- YWCA Tucson
Sometimes a lot of food can wear you out, but the Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa wants you to take it easy by offering a special room rate of $79.
La Encantada Shopping Center is located at 2905 E. Skyline Dr. For more information and to purchase your tickets, visit saaca.org.