"We can't believe it has been a year already."
It’s been a fun, interesting, and rewarding year for the cider house on Fourth Avenue — Tucson’s first and only, as a matter of fact.
Bawker Bawker Cider House is celebrating its first anniversary over the course of multiple days from Wednesday, September 8 – Sunday, September 12.
The hard cider spot on Fourth Avenue
If you haven’t stopped into the spot on the corner of Fourth Avenue and Seventh Street, the 3,200-square-foot space features a 30-foot bar with more than 20 different types of ciders on tap. Plus, there’s plenty of perimeter seating for people-watching, intimate and conversational seating, and even enough room for local musicians to grace your ears.
“Over the past year, we have released a new cider each week,” said Don Rubino of Bawker Bawker, “along with our monthly cider slushies totaling over 60 cider offerings since we opened our doors.”
“We can’t believe it has been a year already,” said Jaimie Perkunas of Bawker Bawker.
One-year anniversary event
During the five-day anniversary bash, Bawker Bawker will be releasing a new cider each day, hosting local food trucks starting at 5 p.m. on Wednesday – Saturday, and with live music pumpin’ up the jams beginning at 7 p.m. on Thursday – Saturday.
Additionally, they’re offering an anniversary four-pack, which can be pre-ordered, available on Wednesday, September 8.
Food and activities schedule
Wednesday, September 8
- Ciao Down food truck from 5 – 9 p.m.
- Team trivia (chicken-themed categories) from 7 – 9 p.m.
Thursday, September 9
- Ricuras de Venezuela food truck from 5 – 9 p.m.
- Baja Caravan performs at 7 p.m.
Friday, September 10
- Black Market BBQ food truck from 5 – 9 p.m.
- They’re offering a cider pairing menu and making a special anniversary barbecue sauce
- Keith Robinson’s Band performs at 7 p.m.
Saturday, September 11
- Cucusa’s Caribbean Cuisine food truck from 5 – 9 p.m.
- Heather Hardy and Alvin performs at 7 p.m.
Sunday, September 12
- Gourmet Girls Gluten Free Bakery/Bistro from noon – 7 p.m.
- They’ll be offering cupcake flights and you can reserve your spot ahead of time
So, what’s with the name?
Rubino loves chickens and has a coop in his backyard. His wife, Jamie, will playfully tease him about his morning conversations with the chickens in “Bawker Bawker.”
“I think chickens are funny and the name makes me smile,” said Rubino.
Bawker Bawker Cider House is located at 400 N. Fourth Ave. For more information, visit bawkerbawker.com.